- We at MediaHQ.com are committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We strive to provide a safe and secure user experience. The aim of this statement is to inform you of how we as a data controller, will collect, use, share and protect any personal data, which you provide through this website.
- We comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data. Our sites contain links to other websites over which we have no control. We’re not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Collection of Information
- We collect information you supply when (a) you ask us or one of our affiliated companies or agents to provide services; (b) you submit information on application or other forms to us or our Affiliates; (c) you otherwise submit information to us, our Affiliates or others;
- In some areas of our website, we request that you provide personal data, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, contact information, billing information and other information from which your identity is discernible. In other areas of our website, we collect or may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your age, and/or gender. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information.
- We also gather or may gather certain personal information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is, or may be, collected by us. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses, but is not linked to your personal information.
- We may sometimes afford you the opportunity to provide descriptive, cultural, behavioural, preferential and/or lifestyle information about yourself, but it is solely up to you whether you furnish such information. If you do provide such information, you are thereby consenting to the use by us of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Privacy Statement. For example, such information may be used for the purpose of determining your potential interest in receiving e-mail or other communications about particular products or services.
- Mediahq.com may obtain information about our customers from a variety of sources; Directly from customer applications, questionnaires and other materials submitted to us by customers; from clickstream activity on our websites (including the use of “cookies” and or “web beacons” as discussed below), or the use of third-party applications.
- By registering an account with us, requesting a demonstration, or placing an order for services, you consent to the collection of your personal data pursuant to the terms of this policy.
Use of Your Information
- We use the information we gather on the website whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of administering and managing your registration, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the website, fostering a positive user experience, processing orders and payments, assisting you with technical issues and other queries, providing information as required pursuant to statute and law, facilitating any investigation or complaint, verification purposes and statistical analysis and delivering the products and services that we offer.
- If you have so agreed, we may use your contact information in order to send you email or other communications regarding updates of the website, such as new opportunities and additional listings which may be of interest to you. In addition, at the time of registration, you have the option to elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions including, without limitation, free informational newsletters relating to topics that may be of special interest to you. You have the option to unsubscribe from any of these communications at any time.
- We have an area where you can contact us and submit feedback. We may use such feedback (such as success stories) for promotional purposes or to contact you for further information.
- The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data as submitted by you or as collected through your use of the website and services is consent.
Your rights as a Data Subject
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 (“The Data Protection Acts”) afford you, as a Data Subject, rights in relation to the collection and processing of your data. These rights include:
- The right to request access to, rectification of or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to request the restriction of processing of your data or object to further processing;
- The right to have your personal data provided and transmitted to you in structured, commonly used and machine-readable form;
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data where it is processed on the basis of consent;
- The right to make a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commissioner in respect of any breach of your rights.
If you wish to avail of any of these rights, please submit a request in writing to MediaHQ by contacting us at [email protected]
Disclosure of Information to Others
- We do not disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of the website (such as the areas you visit or the services you access), except as set forth below.
- Such information will be disclosed to companies and individuals we employ when required to perform functions on our behalf. The functions performed on our behalf include hosting our web servers, analysing data, improving the MediaHQ service, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. As Data Controller, we will retain control of and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
- Such information will be disclosed if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public, (e) for Public Safety, (f) to prevent fraud, (g) in connection with other illegal activity.
- We will disclose and transfer such information, if necessary, to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event that MediaHQ.com becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, licence or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the website.
Confidentiality and Security
- We endeavour to maintain physical, electrical and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable government regulations to guard your information. We also endeavour to restrict information access to our employees, agents and representatives that need to know it. Despite our efforts, and as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions sent to us or may wrongly instruct you to disclose information to them while posing as MediaHQ.com and MediaHQ.com shall not be liable for such interception or access of disclosure.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes; therefore the customer indemnifies MediaHQ.com against any claims that may arise in favour of the customer by reason of the unauthorised use of information supplied by the customer or by reason of unauthorised contact being made by third parties or for any other reason.
- Visitors should be aware that each time they visit a website two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site, and the second is information that is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information. MediaHQ.com’s policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our Customers and will never wilfully disclose individually identifiable information about its Customers to any third party without first receiving that Customer’s permission.
- The statistical and analytical information provides us with general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this website; the number of people who return to this site; the pages that they visit; where they were before they came to this site and the page in the site at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular, and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
- Web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information; they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our web site usage.
- Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
- Because web beacons are the same as any other content request, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
- Third parties are not permitted to use web beacons on sites.
- Mediahq.com reserves the right to modify this privacy statement. Updated privacy statements will be posted on this website periodically and without notice as amendments occur. We urge you to review this privacy statement when you visit our website to obtain the most current statement. You may change your choices at any time.