At MediaHQ, we always go the extra mile to make things easier for you and this time around we’ve put together all the resources you need for further reading on this week’s PR essentials.
1. Must-Read Book: The Information Diet – A Case for Conscious Consumption by Clay A. Johnson
- Information Diet’s author Clay Johnson shaped the digital strategy for Barack Obama’s 2008 Presidential election campaign. He is best known for directing Sunlight Labs at the government transparency operation Sunlight Foundation. This is an open-source community dedicated to using technology to promote transparency to transform government. You can read more about SunLight Labs here and the U.S.A’s government transparency operation Sunlight Foundation here.
- To purchase the book, please click here.
2. Quotes Of The Week
- The BBC management accused its Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty for breaching BBC guidelines by criticising Donald Trump for perceived racism. Munchetty had reasonably responded to this tweet by Trump. BBC’s complaint ruling caused a furore this week among black and ethnic minority British media and entertainment figures.
- Any vote on Britain’s future relies on the press presenting people with plain facts. Former Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger’s column sheds more light on how the media can regain and build trust.
3. Must-Listen Podcast Episode: Enda O’Coineen the Thursday Interview On The Hard Shoulder, Newstalk
- Enda O’Coineen decided to sail around the world on his own in 2015. 57 days later, he found himself with a broken mast and engine, over 200 miles away from shore. Listen to Enda O’Coineen the Thursday Interview On The Hard Shoulder, Newstalk podcast here where he talks about his experience.
4. Media In Focus: The Currency
- The Currency, an online site launched last week. Check out its website here.
- The online media outlet staff were banned from appearing as guests on Communicorp Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has recently joined calls for Communicorp to reverse its decision to ban The Currency from its radio stations. Check out the tweet on Varadkar’s call here and The Journal.ie investigates the Communicorp vs The Currency case here.
- The Currency is comprised of 16 writers, entrepreneurs and business experts. The full detailed listing and contact details are available on MediaHQ. You can get a demo here.
5. The Journalist You Need To Know: Peter Vandermeersch
- Belgian national, Peter Vandermeersch is the new, (appointed in August), Publisher of Independent News and Media. Find more about him here.
- Independent News & Media (INM) is Ireland’s largest media group. In July the Government gave the green light to the €145.6 million takeover of the group by Belgian group Mediahuis.
6. PR Tactic: The local story with a long tail
- If you’re using the MediaHQ platform, building lists is quite an easy and quick process. This makes it really effortless to build separate lists for your local release. It would take a few minutes to do. If you don’t use it, you should contact us for a demo. Just fill out this form and we’ll call you back.
Meanwhile, at MediaHQ, we have thousands of media contacts just waiting to receive your killer pitches. Our database is easy to use with contacts tagged and categorised so you can target your press releases to the right people. We take the grunt work out of PR and give you back the time you need to succeed. If you want further information about sending your press releases to the right contacts, or for a demo of our services, click here or call Gaye today on 01 254 1845.