At MediaHQ, we always go the extra mile to make things easier for you and this time around we’ve put together all the resources you need for further reading on this week’s PR essentials.
1. Must-Read Book: ‘Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus & Sharpen Your Creative Mind.’ Edited by Jocelyn K Glei
- The creative collective 99U was started by Scott Belsky as part of Behance and then acquired by Adobe. It brings together events, a conference and a series of books all dedicated to creativity.
- To purchase the book, please click here.
- Alternatively, if you have your winning-streak mojo on, you can stand a chance of winning a free copy of this book. All you have to do is retweet this
- Last week’s winner was Stacey Connolly from Beachhut PR. Congratulations
2. Quotes Of The Week
- Prince Harry says he has been ‘a silent witness’ to Meghan’s private suffering for too long. He strikes back in a very unroyal way. The battle of brand Meghan + Harry versus the media just got interesting. Read Prince Harry’s full statement here.
- American writer Bonnie Greer gave a masterclass on the BBC’s Question Time on the devastating power of clear communications. Watch the full video here.
3. Must-listen Podcast Episode: John Harris founder of Politico On Recode Media with Peter Kafka
- This episode of Vox Media is all about the journalism phenomenon that is Politico. Its co-founder John Harris gives a fascinating insight into one of the most successful ‘new media’ business models. Listen to the podcast episode on Apple or on PlayerFM.
4. Media person you need to know: Geordie Greig
- In the last week, Geordie Greig gave a long interview to the Financial Times–the first time a Daily Mail editor has done an interview in seven years. Read the full interview here.
- MediaHQ has a full profile of Geordie Greig, along with another 60,000 journalists working in the media. If you’d like to get a demo just give us your details here, or email Gaye Gleeson on [email protected].
5. Media in focus: Stratechery
- Stratechery is a subscription-based newsletter featuring in-depth commentary on tech and media news founded by Ben Thompson in 2014. The link to Thompson’s profile is here and you can access the website here.
6. PR Tactic: The follow-up correction
- At MediaHQ we have the contact details of every journalist, media outlet, producer and editor. If you’d like a demo, email Gaye Gleeson on [email protected] or claim your demo here.