5 journalists to follow for Dublin Tech Summit

Irish Journalists, Journalism, Media, Tech News, Technology
February 15, 2017
by Louisa McGrath

The Dublin Tech Summit kicked off today at the Convention Centre and over 10,000 people are expected to attend the event over two days.

Members of the tech community will flock together to collaborate, innovate and find out the latest developments in the industry.

To celebrate the occasion, we put together a list of tech journalists you should follow on Twitter. Over 50 media outlets from around the world will be covering the event, among them are The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Forbes and the Huffington Post, and of course our own Sunday Business Post, RTE, Newstalk, Irish Times and the Irish Independent.

These five are just a few of the tech journalists that will be at the summit, but they caught our eye, because they are already tweeting about it. So if you didn’t get a ticket for to the Dublin Tech Summit yourself, you can stay up to date with what’s happening by following them.

The schedule is jam packed with interesting speakers, one of which is an interactive robot, so we expect there will be some noteworthy tweets.

Will Goodbody – RTE News

Will Goodbody is the science and technology correspondent for RTE News and Current Affairs. RTE is streaming the Dublin Tech Summit live, but for Twitter updates, you can follow his account.

Ciaran O’Byrne – RTE Drivetime

Ciaran O’Byrne is a producer on RTE Radio 1’s Drivetime; he is also a technology reviewer and enthusiast. Give him a follow to see what he’s up to at the tech summit or to see what he thinks of the latest technological inventions.

Jessica Kelly – Newstalk

Jessica Kelly is Newstalk’s technology correspondent. She provides content for both their radio programmes and website. She also contributes to the Sunday Business Post.

She is one of many attendees representing women in tech. This year the organisers of the Dublin Tech Summit provided significantly discounted tickets to women in an effort to promote diversity. They seem to have succeeded as, according to the organisers, almost half of ticket holders are female.

Oisin Lunny

Oisin has over 21 years experience working in technology and the media.

He is currently part of the market development team at OpenMarket, but he also contributes to The Guardian and Digital Doughnut. He will be speaking at the tech summit, but will most likely be tweeting along the way too.

Amanda Connolly – Newstalk

Amanda Connolly is the digital editor at Newstalk and she has a passion for all things tech.

She previously wrote about technology at The Next Web and has plenty of experience with tech conferences having previously worked on press for the Web Summit. In 2013, while writing for DIT’s student news website, she also managed to secure the only Irish interview with the late, great New York Times reporter David Carr while he was in town for the Web Summit.

For Dublin Tech Summit, she will be giving two talks too, but you can catch up with her in between on Twitter.

MediaHQ is home to Ireland’s most comprehensive media contacts database. Our software lets you create and send press releases to the Irish media with just a few clicks of the mouse.

Our database is continually updated by our research team, so you’ll always have the most up to date information.

To find out more information , click here.